My adopted big sister Lisa will be joining me for the first leg and Tom, Claire and their daughter, Daisy will be joining me for the 2nd leg.
I'm definitely pleased with the crew, all members have unique skills, none of which apply to navigating a boat.
I've been looking at serious side of the 1st leg and the 6 mile run down the River Humber in particular, so life jackets have been bought and I'm looking into a VHF radio and GPS.
The point at which we'll join the Humber is about 2 miles wide so it's pretty much like the Pacific Ocean as far as I'm concerned.
I'm also trying to get a weekends worth of training in and do the helmsman's certificate before this first leg. If i was only going to be on canals i wouldn't bother, but tidal rivers and estuaries can be quite unforgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment