Monday, 5 October 2009

Dirty fingernails...

Well after 2 days crouching over my battle-scarred engine I'm beat, next stop seems to be re-con fuelpump city.
I'm not complaining, I've learned loads about my engine and have replaced all of the serviceable parts, and checked all of the other parts.

Things I've learned:
  • I have 3 electrical systems, a 12v, a 24v and a 240v
  • Pumping the oily crap out from my engine bay means it's easier to crouch down in the two and a half foot high steel dungeon that is my engine compartment.
  • How to change a diesel filter, also how it feels to be covered in diesel.
  • How much I owe to a long lost friend, Tom Barrett, that man taught me everything I know about engines and it's coming in very useful now, thanks Tom, wherever you are...
  • I probably need a new fuel pump.
Well that's It, till next time.

Aquanomad.

No comments:

Post a Comment